This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 57.6092 / 57°36'33"N
Longitude: -3.6146 / 3°36'52"W
OS Eastings: 303623
OS Northings: 858840
OS Grid: NJ036588
Mapcode National: GBR K8FM.4XX
Mapcode Global: WH5HB.F0ZJ
Plus Code: 9C9RJ95P+M4
Entry Name: 128, 130, 132, 132A High Street, Forres
Listing Name: 128, 130, 132, 132a High Street
Listing Date: 26 January 1971
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 373020
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB31710
Building Class: Cultural
Electoral Ward: Forres
Traditional County: Morayshire
Probably William Robertson, Elgin, circa 1820. 2 storeys, 4
bays to High Street, slightly recessed bowed corner, 4 bays
to court, all ashlar fronted. Round-arched doorways, some
with original fanlights and panelled doors; 1st floor band
course and lintel band course-cum-frieze; cornice with
blocking course only to High Street. 12-pane glazing to
upper floors; including blind fenestration. Panelled ridge
and wall-head stacks. Slate roof.
Nos 128 and 132 late 19th century shopfronts.
INTERIOR: Some beaded panelling survives.
Shown on Wood's map of 1823. Built by Robert Warden, a native
of Forres, who made a fortune in India and built this
development after his return.
Nos 128-140 High Street similar to buildings designed by
William Robertson 1822-3 in Cullen.
Former Item 95 (1983 Revised List)
Other nearby listed buildings