This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 55.8687 / 55°52'7"N
Longitude: -4.2777 / 4°16'39"W
OS Eastings: 257573
OS Northings: 666292
OS Grid: NS575662
Mapcode National: GBR 0FH.YZ
Mapcode Global: WH3P2.8R8C
Plus Code: 9C7QVP9C+FW
Entry Name: 8 Park Circus Place, Glasgow
Listing Name: 1-17 (Odd Nos) and 2-8 (Even Nos) Park Circus Place
Listing Date: 15 December 1970
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 373926
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB32239
Building Class: Cultural
Electoral Ward: Hillhead
Traditional County: Lanarkshire
Charles Wilson, architect: designed 1855-6 built 1872-3.
2 ranges of astylar terraces stepped down slope. 3 bays
per house; shallow advanced terminal pavilions. 3
storeys, attics and basement. Polished ashlar,
channelled at ground with flat voussoirs over ground
floor openings. Wide flights of steps oversailing
basements to tripartite doorpieces; some with acid-
etched sidelights and door panels. Ground floor window
with ogee moulding; all upper windows architraved.
Corniced at 1st floor (mutule cornice at pavilions and
Nos 2-8) sash windows; plate-glass glazing. Band/string
course at 1st and 2nd floor cills. Modillion cornice;
blocking course; deep plain parapet at pavilions.
Roundheaded dormers. Axial stacks; at No 1 wallhead
stacks flank short roundheaded arcade; at No 8, 2 stacks
flank balustrade; at No 17 stacks flank pair of
elaborately moulded segmental-headed dormers. Good cast-
iron railings to basement and steps.
North range flank to Lynedoch Place (No 17) canted
central bay window to ground and 1st floors with
modillion cornice. South range flank to Lynedoch Place
(No 8) 2-storey canted oriel window corbelled from
Interiors with good cast-iron balustrades to stairs
(lion and thislte pattern). Corinthian column screens
and elaborate ceiling plasterwork.
Nos 9 and 13 (McBrayne Hall) doors now windows, steps
removed. Nos 7 and 9 billiard room extensions to rear at
Park Circus Lane. No 7: 2 storeys, droved ashlar,
polished ashlar margins. 1st floor pediment with ball
finials, mullioned window, oculus, eaves cornice. No 9
by J A Campbell 1887: 2-storey polished ashlar:
cantilevered canted bay window at 1st floor, small
oculus to left. Ground floor windows chamfered. Both
with cast-iron ventilators and flat roofs with
Part of Woodlands Hill A Group.
Other nearby listed buildings