This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 55.8776 / 55°52'39"N
Longitude: -4.2949 / 4°17'41"W
OS Eastings: 256525
OS Northings: 667324
OS Grid: NS565673
Mapcode National: GBR 0BD.FS
Mapcode Global: WH3P2.0J2G
Plus Code: 9C7QVPH4+32
Entry Name: 27 Huntly Gardens, Glasgow
Listing Name: 21-34 (Inclusive Nos) Huntly Gardens, 26 Athole Lane
Listing Date: 8 May 1975
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 375022
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB32529
Building Class: Cultural
Electoral Ward: Partick East/Kelvindale
Traditional County: Lanarkshire
Circa 1880. Astylar terrace of 14 2-bay houses, stepped up
slope. 3 storeys, over basement; Nos 30-34 with attics.
Polished ashlar, partly painted or stonecleaned.
At each house, 2-storey canted window rises to left from
basement to 1st floor. To right, steps over-sailing basement
to consoled doorpiece. Nos 21-29 tripartite doorpieces with
glazed sidelights and fanlight. Nos 30-34 double-leaf
panelled doors; vestibule door tripartite with glazed
sidelights and fanlight. Above door, single-light window with
consoled cornice. 3 plain 2nd floor windows. Sash windows;
plate glass glazing. Cornice between floors of canted window.
At Nos 30-34 cill band at 2nd floor windows. Band course at
eaves; mutule cornice. Nos 30-34; continuous lower dormer
below ridge (?lighting billiard room) mostly with roof
brattishing. Axial stacks, slate roofs. Low ashlar wall to
basement, some with cast-iron railings. Cast-iron railings
to stairs and platt over basement with intermediate squat
square ashlar piers.
Part of Huntly Gardens B group. Interiors; No 21 by J Donald,
No 26 by John Ednie, No 33 by A & J Scott. Information by
courtesy of the buildings of Scotland Research Unit.
Two interesting mews properties to the rear of Nos 26 and 29 Huntly Gardens display numerous Glasgow Style features. No 26 Athole Lane, formerly the mewa for No 26 Huntly Gardens and now a separate property in its own right, by Wylie and Lochhead for John Wylie, and No 29, by AN Paterson for Graham Ross, both 1902. Information courtesy of Iain Paterson, Glasgow City Council.
Other nearby listed buildings