This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 55.864 / 55°51'50"N
Longitude: -4.2599 / 4°15'35"W
OS Eastings: 258668
OS Northings: 665738
OS Grid: NS586657
Mapcode National: GBR 0KK.JN
Mapcode Global: WH3P2.JVPX
Plus Code: 9C7QVP7R+J2
Entry Name: Corporate Education Offices, 127, 129 Bath Street, Glasgow
Listing Name: 127, 129 Bath Street
Listing Date: 15 December 1970
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 376210
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB32958
Building Class: Cultural
Electoral Ward: Anderston/City/Yorkhill
Traditional County: Lanarkshire
H E Clifford, 1910-11. 5-storey, basement and attic, 9-bay office building converted to hotel use, 1999. Polished ashlar, V-channelled rusticated ground floor and basement. 5-bay central section breaking forward with giant order (through 1st and 2nd floors) of Roman Ionic semi-engaged columns and end pilasters set on continous plinth pierced with balusters. Round-arched Roman Doric porch with rosette necking to columns, glazed, double-leaf panelled door with fanlight; flanked by 4 x 4 round-headed windows in cavetto recesses with geometric glazing bars. 1st and 2nd floor windows with architraves and T-pattern glazing, corniced on 1st floor, keyblocks on 2nd. 2nd floor dentil cornice. Attic with 5 central raised bays and outer pilasters, architraved windows those to centre with keystones supporting panel and flanked by sculpted pilasters. Slate roof. End stacks, (right removed). Balustraded ashlar boundary wall with basement entry.
Interior: Includes tiled vestibule with swag motif decoration.
Former Strathclyde Regional Council Education Department Offices, built as Glasgow School Board Offices. Clifford's assistant, later partner, Thomas Melville Lunan claims this as one of his works (Lunan's RIBA nomination papers). April 1999, re-opened as the Art House Hotel. Information from Glasgow City Council.
Other nearby listed buildings