This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 55.8599 / 55°51'35"N
Longitude: -4.2547 / 4°15'16"W
OS Eastings: 258977
OS Northings: 665269
OS Grid: NS589652
Mapcode National: GBR 0LM.L3
Mapcode Global: WH3P2.MZ42
Plus Code: 9C7QVP5W+X4
Entry Name: Clydesdale Bank, 91 Buchanan Street, Glasgow
Listing Name: 91 Buchanan Street
Listing Date: 15 December 1970
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 376317
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB32998
Building Class: Cultural
Electoral Ward: Anderston/City/Yorkhill
Traditional County: Lanarkshire
Sir George Washington Browne (Edinburgh) 1896. Flemish gable-fronted commercial building with Francois Ier. detailing. Banded red and white sandstone. 3 storeys and attic with 2 window, elaborately decorated and scroll pedimented, asymmetrical, cantilevered bay on left over original entrance; to right large round-arched ground floor window (now door), cantilevered balcony above with wrought-iron balustrade; 5-light stone mullioned and transomed window above with alternate shaped and sculpted segmental heads. 5 lights at 2nd floor with serpentine heads. Shaped gable with scrolled details and obelisk finials and acroterion, narrow lights arranged 2-1-2, applied pilasters, bas relief sculpture. Corniced end stacks.
Interiors by C R Mackintosh and George Walton (now destroyed) for Mrs Cranston's Tea Room, now Clydesdale Bank (1987).
Other nearby listed buildings