This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 55.8628 / 55°51'45"N
Longitude: -4.2645 / 4°15'52"W
OS Eastings: 258378
OS Northings: 665605
OS Grid: NS583656
Mapcode National: GBR 0JL.M3
Mapcode Global: WH3P2.GWJX
Plus Code: 9C7QVP7P+46
Entry Name: 99-101 Douglas Street, Glasgow
Listing Name: 260-280 (Even Nos) St Vincent Street, 95-101 (Odd Nos) Douglas Street and 124 Pitt Street
Listing Date: 15 December 1970
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 376682
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB33167
Building Class: Cultural
Electoral Ward: Anderston/City/Yorkhill
Traditional County: Lanarkshire
Circa 1830-40. 3-storey and basement terrace of plain
classical houses occupying one half block. 3-bays each, with
4 or 5-bay end sections and returns; 2 3-bay houses stepped
up slope of return to Douglas Street. Ashlar, partly painted;
some channelling at basement. Mainly sash and case windows.
Eaves cornice; blocking course.
ELEVATION TO ST VINCENT STREET: 25 bays arranged
5-4-3-3-3-3-4, each entry at head of steps oversailing
basement area. Entries in right bays, central at No 280;
pilastered doorpieces; No 278 entrance added to left in former
window bay. Ground floor windows architraved, corniced,
partially altered, No 272 additional canted window added;
1st floor windows architraved, some architraves removed;
blocked windows at 1st and 2nd floor, 1st bay from W. 2nd
floor windows, dropped architraves, some removed. Axial
ELEVATION TO DOUGLAS STREET: 10 bays, arranged 4-3-3; 2nd
bay from S blind. Ground floor openings set in arched
recesses; shouldered lintels to doorways with Doric columns
on pedestals; ground floor level band; plain windows. Entry
to No 101 Douglas Street from West George Lane.
ELEVATION TO PITT STREET: 1st bay from N blind at ground and
2nd floor; detailing as St Vincent St; half concealed window
2nd bay from S covered by double pilastered doorpiece,
blocked. Paired, corniced wallhead stacks with linking
parapet. Extended to N 1987/8.
INTERIOR: includes Nos 266, 272, 276 groin vaulted
Former Milton Place No 266 altered Campbell Douglas 1875.
Other nearby listed buildings