This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 55.8472 / 55°50'49"N
Longitude: -4.2547 / 4°15'16"W
OS Eastings: 258932
OS Northings: 663852
OS Grid: NS589638
Mapcode National: GBR 0LR.LP
Mapcode Global: WH3P8.M959
Entry Name: 1 Caledonia Road, Former Caledonia Road Up Church
Listing Date: 6 July 1966
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 377218
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB33497
Building Class: Cultural
Electoral Ward: Southside Central
Traditional County: Lanarkshire
Alexander Thomson 1856. Church and hall on gusset site, burnt out 1965. Banded ashlar on polygonal masonry base.
South elevation: temple front raised over ground floor banded masonry podium with 2 boldly detailed corniced doorpieces with Greek motifs and antifixae. Original wooden doors. Ionic pedimented hexastyle portico above.
East elevation: banded masonry and 3 blank corniced windows with discs. Low door at north end. Only 1-bay of gallery level remains.
West elevation: 1-storey hall with 9 pilastered windows, now blank and 2 doors in architraves and frieze under small paired windows. The doors are concrete replicas of wooden doors. Tall square tower of banded masonry with 3 narrow openings near the top, a lantern and cross. Small section of cast iron railings at base. Rear wall modern. Interior gutted.
Other nearby listed buildings