This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 55.8237 / 55°49'25"N
Longitude: -4.2083 / 4°12'30"W
OS Eastings: 261750
OS Northings: 661150
OS Grid: NS617611
Mapcode National: GBR 3T.64FT
Mapcode Global: WH4QF.BW8B
Plus Code: 9C7QRQFR+FM
Entry Name: Stonelaw Parish Church, Stonelaw Road, Glasgow
Listing Name: 153 Stonelaw Road, Stonelaw Parish Church Including Gatepiers and Railings
Listing Date: 17 February 1992
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 377326
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB33573
Building Class: Cultural
County: South Lanarkshire
Electoral Ward: Rutherglen Central and North
Traditional County: Lanarkshire
John Bennie Wilson, 1910-12. Gothic church on corner site with heavy-buttressed and symmetrical unusual canted end to Stonelaw Road containing vestibule, 2 large doorways deeply recessed and with arched heads, perpendicular traceried windows; bull-faced red ashlar, polished dressings; N flank to Dryburgh Avenue has gabled outer transepts, tall linking side aisle; S flank built above steep slope, and with full basement storey. Slated and finialed roof, facetted at W; church officer's house at SE. 3-light windows by William Meikle and sons. Enclosed by wrought-iron railings, curved on plan at corner, gatepiers and identical intermediate piers are gabletted with cusped-panelled fronts.
Ecclesiastical building in use as such.
Other nearby listed buildings