This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 55.8195 / 55°49'10"N
Longitude: -4.175 / 4°10'30"W
OS Eastings: 263822
OS Northings: 660610
OS Grid: NS638606
Mapcode National: GBR 3W.6625
Mapcode Global: WH4QF.VZ2L
Plus Code: 9C7QRR9F+QX
Entry Name: Hall, Trinity Parish Church, 2 Glasgow Road, Cambuslang, Glasgow
Listing Name: 2 Glasgow Road, Beech Avenue, Trinity Parish Church and Halls, Boundary Walls, Gates and Gatepiers
Listing Date: 16 March 1993
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 377791
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB33794
Building Class: Cultural
County: South Lanarkshire
Electoral Ward: Cambuslang West
Traditional County: Lanarkshire
Designed by William Ferguson and built 1897-9. Large Gothic church with halls at rear (south); red (Corncockle) ashlar, rock-faced and with polished dressings; slate roofs, with unusually decorative fleche-like axial ventilator/belfry. Has 2 "fronts", viz symmetrical north main gable with terraced lawn to front, large perpendicular-traceried window at gallery level, 'towerlets' over buttresses; east flank, fronting Beech Avenue might be seen as a variant of the formula used at eg Clifford's Titwood or Cathcart, where the flank is the 'front', viz gabled porch at right, transept left (twin-gabled in this instance) all linked by side aisle - though here, the aisle is 2-storeyed, with main roof swept over. Adjoining, is a symmetrical range comprising vestry/ offices, etc, 2-storeyed, with half-projecting octagonal end towers with polygonal roofs; main hall beyond has perpendicular-traceried gable window, a version of that in church gable.
Church interior is little-altered, with gallery; stained glass windows including one by Stephen Adam (at w gallery).
Iron-railed boundary, walls, stepped to slope; gates and gatepiers.
Ecclesiastical building in use as such.
Other nearby listed buildings