This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 55.8652 / 55°51'54"N
Longitude: -4.1183 / 4°7'5"W
OS Eastings: 267531
OS Northings: 665582
OS Grid: NS675655
Mapcode National: GBR 3Y.3DY5
Mapcode Global: WH4Q8.QV32
Plus Code: 9C7QVV8J+3M
Entry Name: Walled Garden With Garden House, Blairtummock House, 20 Baldinnie Road, Easterhouse, Glasgow
Listing Name: 20 Baldinnie Road and Wardie Road Blairtummock House Including Walled Garden and Garden House
Listing Date: 6 September 1990
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 377938
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB33864
Building Class: Cultural
Electoral Ward: North East
Traditional County: Lanarkshire
Built in at least 4 stages. Country house, now incorporated in modern housing scheme and in use (1992) as Parks and Recreation Department Office. 2 storeys; mainly squared rubble, ashlar dressings, sash windows with horizontal glazing, slate roofs. General appearance is of a circa 1840 west-facing house in individual style of David Hamilton's 1820's-30's work (cf. Mosesfield), but lacking his quality of design; parapetted L-plan front, shallow castellated porch central, canted ground floor window to left, alongside, with 2 windows over; advanced gable to right, with angle shafts and finials, was originally end gable of south-facing 5-bay house which was extended to E by 2 bays in similar style to the original, presumably in 18th century (openings on S front also altered, windows all corniced, a 1721 skewputt probably relates to the original house, rather than to the 2-bay addition); to N flank of circa 1840 house, a late 19th century added square bay repeats details of W front and has iron-crested French roof. High quality neo-classical GARDEN HOUSE, set against garden wall to S of Blairtummock House; possibly a re-set porch or re-used fragments from a larger building; the high quality both of sculpture and of design suggests that the architect might have been Robert Adam. Yellow ashlar, architraved frame, Corinithian columns sculptured frieze, pediment, stucco panels within. There are also sculptured panels set above the garden wall, either side. GARDEN WALLS are rubble-built, 18th century in appearance and (19th century) brick-lined at E; curved corner at SE, iron railing at W.
Other nearby listed buildings