History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Kindrogan East Lodge, Enochdu

A Category C Listed Building in Blairgowrie and Glens, Perth and Kinross

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »


Latitude: 56.7458 / 56°44'44"N

Longitude: -3.5393 / 3°32'21"W

OS Eastings: 305953

OS Northings: 762635

OS Grid: NO059626

Mapcode National: GBR KBMW.PFN

Mapcode Global: WH5MF.LPTY

Plus Code: 9C8RPFW6+87

Entry Name: Kindrogan East Lodge, Enochdu

Listing Name: Enochdu, Kindrogan East Lodge Including Ancillary Building

Listing Date: 5 March 2001

Category: C

Source: Historic Scotland

Source ID: 394961

Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB47628

Building Class: Cultural

Location: Moulin

County: Perth and Kinross

Electoral Ward: Blairgowrie and Glens

Parish: Moulin

Traditional County: Perthshire

Find accommodation in


Mid 19th century. Single storey and attic, 3-bay, piend-roofed cottage. Whitewashed rubble.

SW (ENTRANCE) ELEVATION: symmetrical. 2-leaf boarded timber door to centre with windows in flanking bays.

SE ELEVATION: blank piended bay to left of centre, slightly recessed bay with window and traditional piended dormer above to right; lean-to bay to outer right.

NW ELEVATION: blank piended bay to right of centre, bay to left slightly recessed with timber door and tiny window to left; further tiny window in timber bay under sloping roof to outer left.

8- and 12-pane glazing patterns in timber sash and case windows. Graded grey slates. Rubble ridge stacks with cans. Deeply overhanging eaves.

ANCILLARY BUILDING: rectangular-plan, slated, whitewashed rubble ancillary with timber door and low gablehead stack with can to SW.

Statement of Interest

Built as the Lodge to nearby Kindrogan House (listed separately), this building is now privately owned but along with Kindrogan belonged to the Keir family and the Small's of Dirnanean until taken over by the Balfour's of Fernie Castle in Fife and eventually sold (circa 1960) to the Forestry Commission. Kindrogan Bridge (to the east) was built by the Keirs in 1848 and West Bridge in 1850, probably about the same time as the Lodge.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.