This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 56.6184 / 56°37'6"N
Longitude: -5.5322 / 5°31'55"W
OS Eastings: 183381
OS Northings: 752979
OS Grid: NM833529
Mapcode National: GBR DCQ7.2RJ
Mapcode Global: WH0FC.ZXS3
Plus Code: 9C8PJF99+94
Entry Name: Stables, North Corry Farm, Kingairloch
Listing Name: Kingairloch, North Corry Farm House Including Stable, Barn and Gatepiers and Courtyard Wall
Listing Date: 27 November 2001
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 395680
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB48286
Building Class: Cultural
Electoral Ward: Fort William and Ardnamurchan
Traditional County: Argyllshire
Circa 1800 with later additions. Single storey with attic breaking eaves, 3-bay, rectangular-plan farmhouse. Harled, squared rubble courses. Gabled windows breaking eaves to upper storey. Overhanging eaves and barge-boarding to gables, projecting stone cills to openings.
E (PRINCIPAL) ELEVATION: regular fenestration; modern glass conservatory adjoining central doorway. 3 broad gabled windows breaking eaves to upper storey.
W (REAR) ELEVATION: door to centre right, small gabled dormer breaking eaves above. single storey, 3-bay, gabled outhouse abutting to centre left; gable stack to centre, door to centre with flanking windows to right return, gabled window breaking eaves to centre of left return.
N (SIDE) ELEVATION: blank gable end.
W (SIDE) ELEVATION: windows to left bays of ground and upper storey.
INTERIOR: not seen 2001.
Modern plate glass windows with top hoppers and modern 12-pane. Grey slates, lead flashing. Coped gable stacks, clay cans.
STABLE: single storey, 5-bay, long, rectangular-plan gabled stables. Random rubble courses. 2-leaf, boarded timber doors. Corrugated iron roof.
BARN: single storey, 5-bay, rectangular-plan, symmetrical gabled barn. Random rubble courses. 2-leaf boarded timber door to centre within broad segmental arch entrance, ventilation slits to flanking bays. Corrugated iron roof, coped skews.
GATEPIERS AND COURTYARD WALL: stone drum piers with low pyramidal caps. Random rubble courses.
Though in Ardgour parish Kingairloch is part of the Morvern peninsula and such formed part of the Duke of Argyll's former Morvern holdings. North Corry is situated at the head of Loch a Choire to the west of Kingairloch House. The house became part of the Achranich estate in the nineteenth century and is shown on the Achranich estate map of 1848 as "Corrie" house, predating the larger Victorian Kingairloch House. The present broadly gabled dormerheads and slim cills to the upper storey windows suggest a later rebuild or heightening.