This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 53.3219 / 53°19'18"N
Longitude: -3.8107 / 3°48'38"W
OS Eastings: 279486
OS Northings: 382076
OS Grid: SH794820
Mapcode National: GBR 1ZT0.SX
Mapcode Global: WH64Y.FRLR
Entry Name: No. 1 Graig-y-Don Parade
Listing Date: 16 March 1976
Last Amended: 6 June 2001
Source ID: 3464
Building Class: Commercial
Location: Between Carmen Sylva Road and Queen's Road
Built-Up Area: Llandudno
Traditional County: Caernarfonshire
The Craig-y-Don area was not part of the Mostyn holdings in Llandudno. In June 1884, land was sold as freeholds, rather than the Mostyn leaseholds; 2210 acres (987.87ha) were sold in 3 days. All of Craig-y-Don Parade was built by the time of the OS map of 1888.
One of a terrace of 17 buildings, numbered starting from W end.
Corner building with later C19 corner bay in form of tower of three floors and an attic with hipped roof, and of one bay width to both front and return elevations (see 1877 wing of St George’s Hotel for similarities). Rough cast with stucco dressings; quoins. Front bay of tower with modern dormers, paired round-headed window on second floor and a storeyed canted bay window on first floor descending to basement. Side bay of tower similar, but with sash window and cornice and dentils on first floor and paired sash window with stuccoed shouldered architrave on ground floor. To right hand again in return elevation there is a lower two-storey wing with two attic storeys; two sash windows on first floor with cornice on brackets. On ground floor there is a large porch to left hand and a window to right hand. Large modern extension of 5 windows. Left hand bay of front elevation is recessed and has a large modern attic window, a paired sash window with architrave, cornice and dentils on first floor and, on ground floor, a paired sash window with shouldered architrave. Very low stone forecourt wall with slab capping and modern railings.
Listed as one of a large group of later C19 boarding houses on main sea front of the resort of Llandudno, retaining overall character.
Other nearby listed buildings