This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.7542 / 51°45'15"N
Longitude: -3.3916 / 3°23'29"W
OS Eastings: 304041
OS Northings: 207089
OS Grid: SO040070
Mapcode National: GBR HN.0MM6
Mapcode Global: VH6CY.55CJ
Entry Name: Barn at Pandy Farm
Listing Date: 30 July 1973
Last Amended: 13 January 1988
Source ID: 11406
Building Class: Agriculture and Subsistence
Location: Three farm ranges attached to rear of Pandy Farmhouse and Clock Tower at junction with Cyfarthfa Road (immediately opposite Cyfarthfa Castle park).
County: Merthyr Tydfil
Community: Park (Parc)
Built-Up Area: Merthyr Tydfil
Traditional County: Glamorgan
Probably soon after 1825, later alterations and additions.
Rubble-built barn flanking Brecon Road; dressed quoins, brick to oculus, ventilation slits and loft openings in gables. Pointed arched wagon entrance with projecting brick frame offset to right. Modern tiled roof.
Single-storey stables behind enclose NW and SW sides of farmyard. Coursed rubble with cambered freestone arches to openings. Slate roof to NW range, modern tiles to twin SW ranges.
Outer sides of SW ranges have (later) cambered openings with rusticated dressings and attached 2-bay coach-house set back. SE front adjoining the Clock Tower has two segmental arched windows and an offset doorcase with dressed surrounds.
Originally formed the stables, coach-house and stores to Cyfarthfa Castle.
Group value with other listed items at Pandy Farm and Cyfarthfa Castle park.
Other nearby listed buildings