History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Treginnis Isaf/Lower Treginnis

A Grade II Listed Building in St. David's and the Cathedral Close (Tŷddewi a Chlos y Gadeirlan), Pembrokeshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.8679 / 51°52'4"N

Longitude: -5.307 / 5°18'25"W

OS Eastings: 172422

OS Northings: 223989

OS Grid: SM724239

Mapcode National: GBR C4.SD9F

Mapcode Global: VH0TK.Y9RW

Plus Code: 9C3PVM9V+55

Entry Name: Treginnis Isaf/Lower Treginnis

Listing Date: 28 July 1992

Last Amended: 28 July 1992

Grade: II

Source: Cadw

Source ID: 12719

Building Class: Domestic

Location: Situated at end of unmetalled track from Treginnis Uchaf, some 3km WSW of Saint David's.

County: Pembrokeshire

Community: St. David's and the Cathedral Close (Tŷddewi a Chlos y Gadeirlan)

Community: St. David's and the Cathedral Close

Locality: Treginnis

Traditional County: Pembrokeshire

Find accommodation in
St. Davids

History

House is marked on 1840 Tithe Map when it was owned by Henry Harries, who bought it 1792 from Owens of Great Nash, Llangwm, owners for much of C18. David family recorded as occupants in C17 and early C18. In 1860s owned by Thomas Llewellyn and in 1870s by George Williams with David Arnold as tenant. Sale document of 1885 records William Phillips as tenant and describes many of the outbuildings as entirely new.

Exterior

Early C19 farmhouse in colourwashed rubble stone with grouted imitation slate roof and stone end stacks. Attached service range to right built up to even roofline in mid C20 with slate roof and small end stack. Original house under restoration 1989 with renewed 12-pane sashes. Cambered brick heads, slate sills and nogged brick eaves. Rubble stone porch with slate hipped roof rebuilt 1989. Door with overlight within. Lean to on W end. Front garden enclosed by rubble walls ramped up to gatepiers and to SE angle pier.

Service range was poorly rebuilt with new front wall and raised roof in mid C20. Painted cement render and metal framed windows, two above, door to left below, broad centre window and window to right. E end whitewashed rubble lean-to.

Rear of main house is outshut with wall-face stack to left of centre, centre 12-pane stair-light with timber lintel under eaves. Small square light with slate sill to first floor left and right. Ground floor 12-pane sash to left, 6-pane casement to right of centre and small 4-pane window to right. Rear of service wing is cement rendered with metal windows and one rendered stack on roof slope.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.