History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Game Larder at Dolmlynllyn Hall Hotel

A Grade II Listed Building in Ganllwyd, Gwynedd

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.7982 / 52°47'53"N

Longitude: -3.8927 / 3°53'33"W

OS Eastings: 272484

OS Northings: 323968

OS Grid: SH724239

Mapcode National: GBR 60.WWBB

Mapcode Global: WH569.5XKR

Entry Name: Game Larder at Dolmlynllyn Hall Hotel

Listing Date: 13 February 1995

Last Amended: 13 February 1995

Grade: II

Source: Cadw

Source ID: 15153

Building Class: Domestic

Location: Located immediately to the SW of Dolmelynllyn Hall Hotel; setagainst a hill to the W and overlooking formal terraced gardens.

County: Gwynedd

Community: Ganllwyd

Community: Ganllwyd

Traditional County: Merionethshire

Find accommodation in
Llanfachreth

History

Built by C.R. Williams Esq. c.1860 as a game larder toserve Dolmelynllyn Hall which he greatly extended after purchasingthe estate in 1859. Perhaps built to designs by his brother George Williams, architect of Liverpool.

Exterior

Single-storey rectangular building in Victorian rusticstyle. Snecked rubble construction with slate roof; deep verges supported on curved brackets. 2 round-arched entrances to N gable with projecting rubble impost blocks carrying later slatedcanopy; 2 small round-arched windows above. Further entrance to Eside with large flat projecting lintel and boarded door; 3 narrowarched windows to R with sash glazing; projecting cills and impostblocks. 2 plain windows and an upper, boarded loading bay to Sgable end. Plain interior.

Reasons for Listing

An interesting and unusual C19 service building.

Group value with Dolmelynllyn Hall Hotel.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

  • II Dolmelynllyn Hall Hotel
    Located on a rise at the southern end of Ganllwyd village, about160m W of the main road; accessed via a long part-metalled drive.
  • II Adjoining Cottage including Forecourt Walls to W and adjoining outbuilding
    Located on a rise at the southern end of Ganllwyd village, about160m W of the main road; accessed via a long part-metalled drive.
  • II Goetre Farmhouse
    Located on a hillside 1km W of Ganllwyd village; immediately tothe W of a part-metalled lane leading W off the A 470 just N ofthe Tyn-y-groes hotel.
  • II Barn at Goetre
    Immediately opposite Goetre farmhouse, on the other side of a lanerunning W from the A 470 just N of the Tyn-y-groes hotel. Set intothe side of the raised lane.
  • II Friog
    Located in a hollow in a clearing within the Ganllwyd forestapproximately 2km W of Ganllwyd village; accessed via a shorttrack leading from an unmetalled forestry track running W from along forestry r
  • II Former Farmhouse at Cae Mawr including attached Byre
    Located on high ground approximately two-and-a-half Km S ofGanllwyd village; accessed via a long metalled track leading W offthe A 470 1km N of Gelli-gemlyn.
  • II Attached earlier range stepped down to SW
    Located on a rise in a clearing within the Ganllwyd forestapproximately 2km W of Ganllwyd village; accessed via a shorttrack leading from an unmetalled forestry track running W from along forestry roa
  • II Cae'n-y-Coed Farmhouse
    Located on a rise in a clearing within the Ganllwyd forestapproximately 2km W of Ganllwyd village; accessed via a shorttrack leading from an unmetalled forestry track running W from along forestry roa

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.