This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.9361 / 51°56'9"N
Longitude: -3.9592 / 3°57'33"W
OS Eastings: 265407
OS Northings: 228211
OS Grid: SN654282
Mapcode National: GBR DX.NBKK
Mapcode Global: VH4HR.BL9N
Plus Code: 9C3RW2PR+C8
Entry Name: Church of the Holy Trinity
Listing Date: 13 February 1995
Last Amended: 13 February 1995
Source ID: 15189
Building Class: Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Location: Situated on W side of B 4302 some 450m N of Maerdy crossroads.
Community: Manordeilo and Salem (Manordeilo a Salem)
Community: Manordeilo and Salem
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
Anglican parish church rebuilt 1892 by David Jenkins of Llandeilo for Peel family of Taliaris, replacing a church first built in later C17 for William Gwynne of Taliaris and rebuilt for Lord Robert Seymour of Taliaris in 1829.
1892 parish church, rubble stone with red plain tile eaves roofs and single W bellcote, with ashlar copinng and cross finial. Nave, chancel, transepts, W porch and lean-to S vestry. Red terracotta gable cross finials, also to porch. Perp style windows, two plain flat-headed cusped 2-light window each side of nave, traceried three-light segmental-ponted windows with hoodmoulds to transepts and 4-light to E end. W porch has Tudor-arched entry and two small lancets. W door is hollow-moulded red stone with Tudor arch, hoodmould and stops.
Scissor rafter nave roof, five arch-braced on corbels, boarded chancel roof with brattished wall-plate. Windows have red sandstone reveals. E end encaustic tile step and 1939 linenfold panelling, E window 1939 glass by Powell of Whitefriars. Plain octagonal stone font with four marble shafts.
Memorials: S transept has very fine white marble sarcophagus on lion feet to Lady Anne Seymour (d 1804) signed Nollekens; numerous C19 and C20 memorials to Peel family, plaque to Lord Robert Seymour (d 1831). Fine Baroque cartouche to David Gwynne (d 1721). N transept has plaque recording 1829 enlargement and building of vestry. Board of 1723 repainted 1821 records church built about 1660 by William Gwynne, cross aisle built by Roland Gwynne.
Included principally for David Gwynne and Lady Anne Seymour memorials.
Other nearby listed buildings