This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 53.1349 / 53°8'5"N
Longitude: -3.1452 / 3°8'42"W
OS Eastings: 323478
OS Northings: 360364
OS Grid: SJ234603
Mapcode National: GBR 6Z.6JGZ
Mapcode Global: WH77C.NGGK
Entry Name: L-Shaped Range of Farm Buildings at Play Yn Llan
Listing Date: 12 December 1994
Last Amended: 12 December 1994
Source ID: 15225
Building Class: Agriculture and Subsistence
Location: To the R and to the rear of Plas yn Llan, and forming a partly enclosed farmyard.
Traditional County: Flintshire
An L-shaped, 2-storey range of farm buildings. Of uncoursed rubble under a medium-pitched slate roof. The main section, to the rearof Plas yn Llan is of 3 sections and 2 main periods and is continuously roofed. The central section is the earliest and is presumably contemporary with the house (late C17). Originally abarn it was heightened in the late C18 and converted to stables.
2 tiers of ventilation slits, mostly blocked. To the L a stable door, stepped up, and to the R, 2 modern steel-framed 4-panewindows replacing 2 former stable doors. Under the eaves, a
further steel-framed window, of 6 panes.
To the R, an added bay, flush with the original section and contemporary with the raised work. Slightly recessed entrance, stepped-up with cambered head with stone voussoirs. Contemporary
boarded door. The L section is early C19 and is gabled to the S, crudely kneelered and with tile coping. Here a first floorentrance with cambered head and external stone-stepped access. Main front with 2 entrances with cambered heads, that to the L a former cart shed entrance now with modern wooden sliding doors. To the R a further entrance with boarded door. 2 contemporary near-flush unglazed windows to first floor. These of 2 parts, the L with wooden latticing, the R with wooden internal shutters and single vertical iron bar.
The range to the R, and forming the eastern arm of the L is of 2 storeys and 2 main periods. Rubble construction, roofed and gabled to the E as before. The L section is the earlier (probably late
C18) and has been raised and extended in the early C19. Steel windows under the eaves as before, and flanking a cambered-headed entrance to the R as before. Above this a contemporary near-flush wooden window surround containing a modern steel window.
Included for group value with Plas yn Llan and St. Mary's Church.
Other nearby listed buildings