Sundial in churchyard of Church oc St Cynidr & St Peter
A Grade II Listed Building in Gwernyfed, Powys
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Upload Photo »
Latitude: 52.0393 / 52°2'21"N
Longitude: -3.2005 / 3°12'1"W
OS Eastings: 317752
OS Northings: 238562
OS Grid: SO177385
Mapcode National: GBR YY.FLRL
Mapcode Global: VH6BP.G0WG
Entry Name: Sundial in churchyard of Church oc St Cynidr & St Peter
Listing Date: 15 December 1995
Last Amended: 15 December 1995
Source ID: 17061
Building Class: Gardens, Parks and Urban Spaces
Location: Located in the churchyard on rising ground, approximately 40m SE of the E end of the chancel of the church.
Locality: Treble Hill
Traditional County: Brecknockshire
An C18 octagonal red sandstone shaft, tapered, with an ovolo and cavetto moulded square capital, all standing on stepped plinth. Sundial plate of bronze, inscribed GLASBURY 1741, and a later date, 1782 added. Gnomon broken at the time of inspection (July 1995).
Reasons for Listing
Included as a feature surviving from the earlier church at Glasbury, of group value with the Sunday School, Church and Hughes monument.
Other nearby listed buildings
Hughes Monument in churchyard of church of St Cynidr and St Peter
A graveyard monument located approximately 30m E of the east end of the chancel of the church.
Church of St Cynidr and St Peter
Located on elevated ground parallel to the main Hay-on-Wye to Brecon road, the churchyard originally bounded on the SE side by the railway.
Sunday School in Churchyard of Church of St Cynidr & St Peter
Located at the E end of the churchyard, on the N side of the gate, built across the slope of the ground, with a small yard at the N end.
The house is located on the right bank of the River Wye, at right angles and close to the main Brecon to Hay road.
Located close to and on a bend of the River Wye, set apart from the village, at the far S end at the end of the road.
Barn at Old Vicarage (including attached granary and stores)
The barn is located immediately NE of the Old Vicarage, with a forecourt to the end of the lane, all within the bend of the River Wye.
Old Police Cottage
Located at the SW corner of the Green, behind a front stone and brick wall.
A straight terrace of four two-storey cottages, located on the SE side of the triangular green at the centre of Glasbury village.