This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 53.1009 / 53°6'3"N
Longitude: -2.9593 / 2°57'33"W
OS Eastings: 335867
OS Northings: 356395
OS Grid: SJ358563
Mapcode National: GBR 77.8MN6
Mapcode Global: WH88S.JB14
Plus Code: 9C5V422R+97
Entry Name: Pistyll Bank
Listing Date: 3 June 1996
Last Amended: 3 June 1996
Source ID: 17692
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Situated on the N side of Springfield Lane.
Community: Gresford (Gresffordd)
Built-Up Area: Gresford
Traditional County: Denbighshire
One of a group of cottages and houses in Cottage Orne style for the Trevalyn Estate while it was under the stewardship of John Boydell. The range at the front appears to have been added to an extant building of C19 character. It is not shown on early C19 maps of the village suggesting that it was not then part of the Trevalyn Estate and may have been built or modified mid C19. It is known houses were being built in the style as late as 1838. Altered C20.
2-storey rendered cottage of irregular plan and with a basement where land falls away to the rear; slate roof with rendered chimneys. Symmetrical elevation to Springfield Lane with central projecting gabled bay flanked by lean-to wings with upswept roofs. Central door with ogee fanlight head containing Gothick glazing detail flanked by arched cast-iron windows with Gothick glazing. Upper floor has cast-iron multipaned window with Gothick glazing detail and ogee head, above this a small blind arched opening. Single storey wings each have a mock arrow slit and windows with ogee heads as before. Dentil eaves cornice which returns for a short distance at eaves level in the gable. Left hand return elevation and rear with C19 and C20 fenestration.
Main room has front door with strap hinges and exposed ceiling beams, otherwise remodelled
Listed as an earlier C19 house the front of which is in the picturesque style of the Trevalyn Estate buildings of the village
Other nearby listed buildings