This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.1599 / 52°9'35"N
Longitude: -4.033 / 4°1'58"W
OS Eastings: 261033
OS Northings: 253242
OS Grid: SN610532
Mapcode National: GBR DT.6494
Mapcode Global: VH4GK.1ZS2
Plus Code: 9C4Q5X58+XR
Entry Name: Capel Ebenezer
Listing Date: 24 February 1997
Last Amended: 24 February 1997
Source ID: 18263
Building Class: Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Location: Situated at E end of Llangybi village on S side of A 485.
Traditional County: Cardiganshire
Independent chapel of 1834, with gallery of c1860, repaired in 1890. Congregation grew from one formed in the late C17, first chapel here was of 1772.
Unpainted render with slate roof and flat boarded eaves. Lateral facade of two arched windows with small-paned glazing and Gothick intersecting bars in head. Plaque between windows and plain outer doors, double 2-panel. 12-pane gallery light to each end wall.
C20 cladding to three-sided ceiling. Attractive three-sided gallery of c1860 with grained front panelled in vertical panels over a cornice with wide-spaced paired brackets. Three iron columns made by T. Bright of Carmarthen. 1890 pews, plain pulpit with canted front, plaster arch behind.
Listed as an early C19 chapel retaining its character including the attractive mid C19 gallery.
Other nearby listed buildings