This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.2131 / 52°12'47"N
Longitude: -3.9065 / 3°54'23"W
OS Eastings: 269837
OS Northings: 258922
OS Grid: SN698589
Mapcode National: GBR DZ.2RNG
Mapcode Global: VH4GF.7MMS
Plus Code: 9C4R637V+69
Entry Name: Capel Y Rhiw
Listing Date: 10 June 1997
Last Amended: 10 June 1997
Source ID: 18482
Building Class: Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Location: Situated on S side of Abergwesyn road some 2 km E of Tregaron. Set above road on stone-faced terrace.
Traditional County: Cardiganshire
Calvinistic Methodist small chapel/schoolroom of 1866, a branch of Bwlchgwynt Chapel, Tregaron.
Rubble stone with slate roof. Small scale, two arched-windows with stone voussoirs and heavy stone sills. Small-paned sashes with radiating-bar heads. Door to right with single-stone lintel and C20 door.
Simple plastered interior with cast-iron and timber combined pews and desks. Small plain pulpit.
Listed as the best preserved of the small branch chapels in the region. Historically important as illustrating the spread of non-conformity during the mid to later C19 in sparsely populated upland districts.