History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Drovers House

A Grade II Listed Building in Llangeitho, Ceredigion

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.2181 / 52°13'5"N

Longitude: -4.0233 / 4°1'23"W

OS Eastings: 261873

OS Northings: 259699

OS Grid: SN618596

Mapcode National: GBR DV.2DNV

Mapcode Global: VH4GC.6HWX

Entry Name: Drovers House

Listing Date: 15 October 1997

Last Amended: 15 October 1997

Grade: II

Source: Cadw

Source ID: 19006

Building Class: Domestic

Location: Situated at SW end of the Square in Llangeitho, adjoining Plas.

County: Ceredigion

Town: Tregaron

Community: Llangeitho

Community: Llangeitho

Traditional County: Cardiganshire

Find accommodation in
Penuwch

History

Earlier C19 village house, built after Plas, which adjoins to left. Not marked on 1791 village map, but marked on the 1842 Gwynfil Tithe Map as an inn, the Drovers Arms, owned by Thomas Rees and occupied by David Rowland.

Exterior

Colourwashed rubble stone with slate roof and later C19 or C20 terracotta ridge tiles and red brick end stacks. Two-storey, three-window range, offset to right. 12-pane hornless sashes with stone voussoirs to heads and painted stone sills. 4-panel door with overlight. Straight joint to left shows that this house was added to Plas. Single storey outbuilding to right, slate roofed, stone, mud and brick.

Reasons for Listing

Listed as a good late Georgian style front, of group value with Plas, the two houses enclosing the lower end of the village square.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

  • II Plas
    Situated at SW end of the square in Llangeitho village, attached to Drovers House.
  • II The War Memorial
    Situated in centre of the Square in Llangeitho.
  • II Noddfa
    Situated close to centre of village, facing N over road that runs NE from village square.
  • II* Capel Gwynfil
    Situated some 200m NE of centre of Llangeitho, on E side of road.
  • II Statue of Daniel Rowland at Capel Gwynfil
    Situated in iron-railed enclosure in forecourt of Capel Gwynfil, facing out over road to Aberystwyth.
  • II Ty Capel at Capel Gwynfil and outbuilding range attached to left
    Situated at right angles to Capel Gwynfil, enclosing SE side of forecourt.
  • II Tan-yr-Allt
    Situated some 800m NW of Llangeitho, on W side of lane that runs N from B4342 W of Pont y Capel. On steep slope above Cwm Sissyllt.
  • II Barn at Penlan Fach
    Situated to W of Penlan Fach, approximately 500m SW off the minor road some 2.5km S of Capel Penuwch.

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.