History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Llwynisgaw

A Grade II Listed Building in Bodorgan, Isle of Anglesey

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.1823 / 53°10'56"N

Longitude: -4.4401 / 4°26'24"W

OS Eastings: 237038

OS Northings: 367803

OS Grid: SH370678

Mapcode National: GBR 59.3FX6

Mapcode Global: WH434.R8VQ

Entry Name: Llwynisgaw

Listing Date: 3 September 1998

Last Amended: 3 September 1998

Grade: II

Source: Cadw

Source ID: 20411

Building Class: Domestic

Location: In a rural location set back from the SE side of a country road, running between Hermon and Aberffraw S of the A4080; c. 2km SW of the church of St. Cadwaladr.

County: Isle of Anglesey

Community: Bodorgan

Community: Bodorgan

Locality: Cwnhingar Trefri

Traditional County: Anglesey

Find accommodation in
Aberffraw

History

Late C18 or early C19 vernacular farmhouse. Shown on the Llangadwaladr Tithe map of 1843.

Exterior

A 2-storey, 2-window range, the principal elevation facing E (away from the road) with central porch; single storey addition to right (N) and modern garage to left (S). Built of rubble masonry; slate roof with stone copings and rendered gable stacks. Windows are slightly recessed sashes; first floor windows set under the eaves, ground floor windows larger, the front elevation with small-pane lights, rear elevation with stair window offset to left (N).

Reasons for Listing

Listed as a well-preserved example of a late C18/early C19 two-storey farmhouse, retaining its vernacular character in scale and layout and use of materials.

Other nearby listed buildings

  • II Treberfedd
    In an isolated rural location set well back from the W side of a country road, running between Hermon and Aberffraw S of the A4080; c. 2km SW of the church of St. Cadwaladr.
  • II The Kennels
    Located alongside a minor road c. 800m WNW of Bodorgan. The kennels are reached via a short drive, with a small estate house in front (N) and a free-standing stable and cartshed to rear (S).
  • II Back Lodge at Bodorgan
    Set at the E side of the rear (NE) approach to the Bodorgan estate (the main approach to the Home farm); c. 600m NE of the main house at Bodorgan.
  • II Cattle weigh-house at Bodorgan home farm
    Incorporated within the curtilage wall to the W of the main courtyard of Bodorgan home farm.
  • II Cartshed at Bodorgan home farm
    The cartshed lies NW of the main courtyard range (barn, stables and cartsheds) at the NW entrance to Bodorgan home farm; c. 50m directly N of the main house at Bodorgan.
  • II Kennels at Bodorgan home farm
    The kennels lie NW of the main courtyard range (barn, stables and cartsheds) at the NW entrance to Bodorgan Home Farm (to SE of the cartshed); c. 50m directly N of the main house at Bodorgan.
  • II Privy block at Bodorgan home farm
    Located immediately north of the main house at Bodorgan, and S of the corn barn at Bodorgan home farm.
  • II Dovecote at Bodorgan home farm
    The dovecote lies directly S of the main courtyard range (barn, stables and cartsheds) at Bodorgan Home Farm; c. 50m directly N of the main house at Bodorgan.

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.