This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.9198 / 51°55'11"N
Longitude: -3.7776 / 3°46'39"W
OS Eastings: 277847
OS Northings: 226076
OS Grid: SN778260
Mapcode National: GBR Y5.P7LV
Mapcode Global: VH5FH.G0SM
Entry Name: Capel Talsarn
Listing Date: 10 November 1998
Last Amended: 10 November 1998
Source ID: 20822
Building Class: Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Location: Situated in Talsarn village on N side of road some 500m E of Cross Inn crossroads.
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
Calvinistic Methodist chapel of 1860, founded from Twynllanan chapel.
Chapel, blue-painted stucco with slate close-eaved roof. Long-wall facade of six openings, 4 long narrow small-paned sash windows with pointed heads, the two centre windows close together with date plaque between, the two outer windows outside of the 2 doors. C20 doors in tall pointed-arched recesses, blank heads. W end has slate-hung gable and added roughcast outbuilding with outside steps to first floor board door and 12-pane sash. Ground floor boarded centre window, plank door and pre 1901 letterbox marked VR. E end wall has 16-pane sash with stone voussoirs to head. Rear wall has 2 long 12-pane windows.
Painted grained pews in three blocks, 6 rows raked steeply up to back wall, 2 rows each side of pulpit and great seat. Seat in front of pulpit and then larger enclosure behind. Pulpit with turned baluster angles, and similar turned angles to platform. Simple ceiling rose.
Included as a chapel with a distinctive simple gothic front and an unaltered interior with raked box pews.
Other nearby listed buildings