History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Bryn Goleu

A Grade II Listed Building in Llangernyw, Conwy

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.1438 / 53°8'37"N

Longitude: -3.6838 / 3°41'1"W

OS Eastings: 287474

OS Northings: 362063

OS Grid: SH874620

Mapcode National: GBR 68.5ZM2

Mapcode Global: WH65Z.D71Q

Entry Name: Bryn Goleu

Listing Date: 17 March 1999

Last Amended: 17 March 1999

Grade: II

Source: Cadw

Source ID: 21496

Building Class: Agriculture and Subsistence

Location: Farmhouse stands on elevated site at the head of a track about 200m SW of B5384, approximately 0.7km N of Gwytherin.

County: Conwy

Town: Abergele

Community: Llangernyw

Community: Llangernyw

Locality: Gwytherin

Traditional County: Denbighshire

Find accommodation in
Gwytherin

History

Farmhouse probably built early C19, shown on the Gwtherin Tithe Map of 1840.

Exterior

Two storey vernacular farmhouse. Built of colourwashed local stone random rubble with slobbered mortar. Welsh slate gabled roof with gable stacks of stone rubble with stone oversailing courses, that to left broader. Symmetrical front elevation, facing SE, has 2 bays of 8/8 horned sash windows with narrow glazing bars, timber lintels and slate sills. Central gabled porch built of stone rubble with slate roof. Blind window recessed above. Smaller windows and central lean-to in rear elevation. Slate-hung left gable return.

Interior

Interior not accessible for inspection at time of resurvey.

Reasons for Listing

Included as a good and intact example of a small upland early C19 farmhouse.

Other nearby listed buildings

  • II Farm Range at Bryn Goleu
    The farm range is located on an elevated site NE of the farmhouse, beside the farm track, about 200m SW of B5384 and approximately 0.7km N of Gwytherin.
  • II Telephone Call-box
    The telephone call box is located beside the car park of the Lion Inn S of Gwytherin village centre, on the W side of the minor road leading S out of the village, set into recess in stone boundary wal
  • II Church of St Winifred
    The parish church stands in a rectilinear churchyard on an elevated site to the SE of the village centre.
  • II Hendre
    The farmhouse stands on sloping ground to the W of the minor road between Gwytherin and Llangernyw, approximately 1km NNE of Gwytherin.
  • II Capel Cae Craig
    The chapel stands on an elevated site, gable end to the N side of the minor road linking the B5384 with the road between Gwytherin and Llangernyw, approximately 3km ESE of Pandy Tudur.

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.