This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 53.2352 / 53°14'6"N
Longitude: -3.3072 / 3°18'26"W
OS Eastings: 312845
OS Northings: 371707
OS Grid: SJ128717
Mapcode National: GBR 6S.014B
Mapcode Global: WH76Q.5YD5
Entry Name: Frondeg
Listing Date: 19 July 2002
Last Amended: 19 July 2002
Source ID: 26778
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Set well back from the road in its own grounds approximately 200m NW of the junction of the A541 and B5122.
Traditional County: Flintshire
A mid C19 house first mentioned in the 1861 census return and shown on the 1871 Ordnance Survey.
A late Georgian-style 3-bay house of 2 storeys with attic and double-depth plan, of rubble stone with 2-span slate roof and end brick stacks. The symmetrical front has a central entrance up steep stone steps. The doorway has a panelled door under a broad fanlight and with side lights, all within a moulded surround. The outer bays have canted bay windows under brick relieving arches, incorporating 12-pane hornless sashes. The upper storey has 12-pane sash windows under wooden lintels. The R side wall has a similar sash window under wooden lintel offset R of centre in each storey. The L side is the same except that it also has an inserted upper-storey window R of centre. The rear has small-pane sash windows under wood lintels upper R and L. The corresponding lower-storey windows are replaced in earlier openings and have segmental-headed stone lintels. To the centre of the rear is a lower 2-storey gabled projection of scribed roughcast. It has mostly replaced windows, which in the upper storey are carried above the eaves under gablets, but retains an original sash window on the upper L side.
The entrance hall has a round arch through to the stairs at the rear. The open-well stair has turned newels, plain balusters and moulded tread ends. Panelled doors and panelled shutters are retained.
Listed as a well-preserved mid C19 house still in the Georgian tradition, retaining strong original character and detail.
Other nearby listed buildings