History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Agriculture range at Hafotty

A Grade II Listed Building in Cwm Cadnant, Isle of Anglesey

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.2809 / 53°16'51"N

Longitude: -4.1578 / 4°9'28"W

OS Eastings: 256231

OS Northings: 378163

OS Grid: SH562781

Mapcode National: GBR JN30.VKY

Mapcode Global: WH53V.3SCN

Entry Name: Agriculture range at Hafotty

Listing Date: 28 May 2003

Last Amended: 28 May 2003

Grade: II

Source: Cadw

Source ID: 81130

Building Class: Agriculture and Subsistence

Location: Set back, within private grounds, from the NW side of a country road which leads NNE off the B5109 towards Llanddona; the agricultural range is directly E of the house.

County: Isle of Anglesey

Community: Cwm Cadnant

Community: Cwm Cadnant

Locality: Llansadwrn

Traditional County: Anglesey

Find accommodation in
Llanddona

History

Early C19 agricultural range, dated by a stone over the W doorway which bears the initials and date: RBWB / 1827.

Exterior

Linear range comprising lofted stable and cartshed. Built of rubble masonry, modern slate roof with stone coping. The range is in 2 parts, that to R (W) a former stable, the central doorway with flanking windows and datestone above; to L is a wide cartbay door. There is a partially blocked loft doorway, or pitching hole, in the R (W) gable and doveholes set in the gable apex over a doorway in the L (E).

Reasons for Listing

Included as a well-preserved early C19 agricultural range which forms a group with the adjacent Medieval hall house at Hafotty.

Other nearby listed buildings

  • I Hafotty
    Sat back, within private grounds, from the NW side of a country road which leads NNE off the B5109 towards Llanddona.
  • II Rhos Isaf
    Set well back from the W side of a country road on the S approach to the village of Llanddona.
  • II College
    On the east side of the B5109, approximately 200m north of the junction in Llansadwrn village.
  • II Wern y Wylan Court
    Located along the NW side of a country road which leads NW off the road on the S approach to the village of Llanddona, down to the beach at Red Wharf Bay.

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.