This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.8206 / 52°49'14"N
Longitude: -4.1011 / 4°6'4"W
OS Eastings: 258510
OS Northings: 326850
OS Grid: SH585268
Mapcode National: GBR 5R.V68M
Mapcode Global: WH565.ZC8J
Entry Name: Wenallt Stores
Listing Date: 29 October 2003
Last Amended: 29 October 2003
Source ID: 82016
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Located at the SW side of the A496 in the heart of the village of Llanbedr, opposite the junction with the road to Pentre Gwynfryn and to NW of Pont Llanbedr.
Built-Up Area: Llanbedr
Traditional County: Merionethshire
Probably early-mid C19 range, comprising house and shop. Gable dormers added in later C19. Storeyed wings to rear now linked by a C20 flat roofed addition.
Wenallt is marked on the Tithe map of the parish, 1841, and recorded as part of the Cae Nest estate, owned by R A Poole Esq. and occupied by William Pugh.
Two storeys with attic range with storeyed wings to rear linked by a flat roofed addition between. Built of well coursed and dressed stone masonry. Slate roof has dressed stone stacks with dripstones and capping, front pitch has gabled dormers with slate hung cheeks and rear pitch has velux windows.
Range of 4 unequally spaced windows: 2 widely spaced 12-pane sashes to 1st floor left, and similar window in each bay to right; narrower window over doorway to house, directly to the right of the shop-front, which is almost central to the whole range. It has a central door flanked by large windows under a moulded fascia with console brackets. To its left is a 2-pane fixed light window. Modern windows in dormers.
The storeyed wings to rear have advanced verges and dressed stone gable stacks, scattered fenestration in the end walls and are linked by a flat roofed addition with modern casement windows.
Included as a good C19 purpose built commercial and domestic range, a well detailed building of high quality stonework which forms an important component of the village.
Other nearby listed buildings