This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.6924 / 51°41'32"N
Longitude: -4.2511 / 4°15'4"W
OS Eastings: 244502
OS Northings: 201697
OS Grid: SN445016
Mapcode National: GBR GQ.WGQ8
Mapcode Global: VH3M9.8QGF
Entry Name: Plas Kenrhos
Listing Date: 25 November 2003
Last Amended: 25 November 2003
Source ID: 82074
Location: In its own grounds on the N side of a by-road on the N side of the A484 at Jerusalem Chapel.
Community: Pembrey and Burry Port Town (Pembre a Phorth Tywyn)
Community: Pembrey and Burry Port Town
Built-Up Area: Burry Port
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
A late Georgian villa shown on the 1839 Tithe map. A former porch, shown on the 1880 Ordnance Survey, has been removed.
A late Georgian style 2-storey villa of rendered walls and hipped slate roof with central and rear roughcast stacks. Its entrance front faces W and has a round-headed doorway to the L, with rusticated surround probably added when the porch was removed. The panelled door is a replacement but the radial-glazed overlight original. To its R is a 16-pane horned sash window, while upper L is a 2-light casement under a pointed head. An outshut on the L side has paired 12-pane sash windows in the lower storey, and 12-pane hornless sash window in the upper storey. The 2-window garden front, overlooking Loughor estuary and Gower peninsula, has 12-pane horned sashes, smaller in the upper storey. Further R, an outshut at the rear of the house has similar 12-pane sash window in the lower storey and 8-pane window above. In its rear (E) elevation is a replaced doorway below an 8-pane sash window. A lean-to has been added on the R side of the rear.
The entrance opens to a corridor, at the end of which is a straight stair with plain balusters and slate treads. Principal rooms have panelled shutters.
Listed as a late Georgian villa retaining distinctive early C19 character.
Other nearby listed buildings