This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.3202 / 51°19'12"N
Longitude: -2.2114 / 2°12'41"W
OS Eastings: 385362
OS Northings: 157925
OS Grid: ST853579
Mapcode National: GBR 1SS.5QW
Mapcode Global: VH972.M28Q
Entry Name: Studley Mill, Principal Factory
Listing Date: 16 October 1974
Last Amended: 26 November 1976
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1021657
English Heritage Legacy ID: 314156
Location: Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14
Civil Parish: Trowbridge
Built-Up Area: Trowbridge
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Trowbridge St James
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
(South East Side)
(formerly listed as
Main Tower Block)
ST 8557 6/50C 16.10.74.
1860 built for Clarks by Charles and Richard Gane (local builders). Large 4 storeyed
brick building with stone cill bands, gutter corbels and window head decoration.
8 by 6, and 6 by 5 bays, buttressed up to 3rd storey. Obtuse headed windows, narrower
and doubled on top floor. Stone eaves band to hipped slate roof. Hoist tower
and staircase on north corner, polygonal to north west and with an extra storey.
Obtuse headed hoist openings. Blind arcade to north west with a cill band having
rams' head brackets. Modillion cornice and band to flat roof (formerly pyramidal).
Nos. 50 to 58 (consec), workshop at rear of No 58, entrance screen principal Factory
and Handle House at Studley Mills form a group.
Listing NGR: ST8536257925
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings