This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.3304 / 51°19'49"N
Longitude: -2.1838 / 2°11'1"W
OS Eastings: 387292
OS Northings: 159049
OS Grid: ST872590
Mapcode National: GBR 1SN.DQQ
Mapcode Global: VH96X.3TDH
Entry Name: 209 and 210, Church Street
Listing Date: 14 June 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1021785
English Heritage Legacy ID: 314449
Location: Hilperton, Wiltshire, BA14
Civil Parish: Hilperton
Built-Up Area: Trowbridge
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Hilperton with Whaddon St Michael and All Angels
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
ST 85 NE HILPERTON CHURCH STREET
7/2 Nos 209 and 210
Two houses, now one, at end of row. Late C17, altered C18.
Timber-framing rebuilt in rendered rubble stone, double Roman tiled
roof with axial brick stack. Through passage plan, to rear of
stack. Two-storey, 5-window front. Old 2-panelled door to left
of centre, 3-light casement to left and 4-light and single-light
casements to right. Five 2-light casements to first floor.
Right return has C20 planked door in lean-to stone porch, 16-pane
sash to left and 2-light casement to first floor. Rear lean-to
extensions with pantiled or concrete tiled roofs, 2-light or 3-
light first floor casements.
Interior has chamfered beams with stepped stops, Tudor-arched stone
fireplace with plaster panel with relief lettering: WS / 1697;
said to be the initials of William Stott. Timber-framing exposed
on rear wall of house to first floor. Chamfered pointed doorway
recently uncovered on rear wall between main range and lean-to
Listing NGR: ST8729259049
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings