This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6027 / 51°36'9"N
Longitude: -2.0492 / 2°2'57"W
OS Eastings: 396688
OS Northings: 189323
OS Grid: ST966893
Mapcode National: GBR 2QV.JQC
Mapcode Global: VHB32.FZJ7
Entry Name: The Old Vicarage
Listing Date: 16 July 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1022227
English Heritage Legacy ID: 315667
Location: Charlton, Wiltshire, SN16
Civil Parish: Charlton (Brinkworth Ward)
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Garsdon Lea and Cleverton and Charlton
Church of England Diocese: Bristol
ST 98 NE CHARLTON VICARAGE LANE, Perry Green
6/45 The Old Vicarage
Former vicarage, now detached house. Circa 1850. Squared and coursed rubble, ashlar dressings and copings, Welsh slate roofs with paired ashlar stacks set on the diagonal: some lateral, others ridge. Cruciform plan of 2 storeys and attics with gabled
ends to each wing. Windows are 2 and 3-light chamfered cross-mullions with hoodmoulds and casements. Canted bay with French windows to south wing, porch in angle on west facade with Tudor-arched openings: glazed and panelled door. Moulded string courses, flush rusticated quoins, and stepped copings with kneelers and openwork apex finials to gables. Attached contemporary stable range to north-west.
Interior. Contemporary bookcases and slate fireplace in ground floor study.
Listing NGR: ST9668889323
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings