This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5843 / 51°35'3"N
Longitude: -2.1991 / 2°11'56"W
OS Eastings: 386299
OS Northings: 187291
OS Grid: ST862872
Mapcode National: GBR 1PJ.NTF
Mapcode Global: VH95Q.TFST
Entry Name: Outbuildings to the North West of Pinkney Court and the Flat
Listing Date: 12 December 1951
Last Amended: 3 December 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1023250
English Heritage Legacy ID: 318137
Location: Sherston, Wiltshire, SN16
Civil Parish: Sherston
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Sherston Magna
Church of England Diocese: Bristol
ST 88 NE
3/140 Outbuildings to the north-west of
Pinkney Court and The Flat
(formerly listed as Barn at
12.12.51 Court Farm)
Barn, stables and hayloft, cowbyres. C17 and C18 restored in the
C20. Coursed rubble with flush rusticated dressed stone quoins,
wooden lintels, stone dressings and gable stone slate roofs with
small section of Welsh slates to lean-to shed. L-shaped continuous
range around 2 sides of courtyard. Seven-bay barn, cruciform in
plan. South front with 2 plank doors, cart entrance and midstrey
with half-hipped roof, pigeon holes below and 2-leaf plank gates.
Stables and hayloft in angle with gable to loft door. Cowbyres
with circular piers.
Listing NGR: ST8629987291
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings