This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.0544 / 51°3'15"N
Longitude: -1.7779 / 1°46'40"W
OS Eastings: 415659
OS Northings: 128360
OS Grid: SU156283
Mapcode National: GBR 51G.TK1
Mapcode Global: FRA 765B.F4P
Entry Name: Bridge Farmhouse
Listing Date: 28 March 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1023800
English Heritage Legacy ID: 319425
Location: Britford, Wiltshire, SP5
Civil Parish: Britford
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Britford St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
SU 12 NE BRITFORD LOWER ROAD
4/45 Bridge Farmhouse
Farmhouse. Range to rear early C18 with parallel range added to
front c1840 and addition to south of c1880. Flemish bond red
brick, tiled hipped roof with brick stacks. 2-span roof. 2
storey, 4-window entrance front of c1840. Central door in gabled
porch, either side are tall casements with margin lights and
segmental heads. Three-brick plat band and flanking pilasters are
in yellow brick. First floor has three C20 casements with
segmental heads and a central attic gable has a lunette with
coloured brick voussoirs. Modillioned brick cornice. To right is
extension of c1880, in Flemish bond with vitrified headers, with
casement to ground and first floor, under segmental heads; left
return has French windows with margin lights to ground floor and
rear ranges; rear range has datestone T.I./1724 on gable-end stack.
Right return has central gabled porch and glazed C20 door to left,
windows to ground floor are wooden casements, to first floor are
C20 casements. 2 storey, 6-window rear garden front had door
central to C18 range, windows are 4-pane sashes to left and right.
3-brick plat band to first floor, six 4-pane sashes. Left bay is
extension of c1880.
Interior not inspected, but R.C.H.M. recorded chamfered ceiling
beams and fireplace lintel in C18 range. C18 roof of 4 bays with
arched collars and butt purlins. Stairs are of c1840. House built
by Thomas Jervoise in 1724, remaining Jervoise property until 1964.
(Unpublished records of R.C.H.M. (England), Salisbury).
Listing NGR: SU1565928360
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings