History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Yew Tree Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Whichford, Warwickshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.


Latitude: 52.0123 / 52°0'44"N

Longitude: -1.5321 / 1°31'55"W

OS Eastings: 432207

OS Northings: 234980

OS Grid: SP322349

Mapcode National: GBR 6RT.X1F

Mapcode Global: VHBYW.DPC6

Entry Name: Yew Tree Farmhouse

Listing Date: 13 October 1966

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1024240

English Heritage Legacy ID: 306091

Location: Whichford, Stratford-on-Avon, Warwickshire, CV36

County: Warwickshire

District: Stratford-on-Avon

Civil Parish: Whichford

Traditional County: Warwickshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire

Church of England Parish: Whichford St Michael

Church of England Diocese: Coventry

Find accommodation in
Sutton under Brailes

Listing Text

6/157 Yew Tree Farmhouse


Farmhouse. Dated 1710. Squared coursed limestone with quoins. Stone-slate roof
with coped gables and renewed stone end stacks. L-shaped plan. 2-storey;
3-window range of 2-light and 3-light mullioned windows to ground floor and
2-light and central 4-light mullioned windows to first floor, all with hood
moulds and labels. C20 panelled door to centre left with original flat arch
lintel and hood supported on consoles. Further 2- and 3-light mullioned windows
to range extending from rear left, and in right gable end. C20 stone extension
to rear. In right gable of C18 range a datestone with moulded hood inscribed
'John Timmes/Anno Domini/1710'. Interior: to ground floor a small fireplace with
4-centred head and moulded surround with inscription on lintel: 'Timmes/John
1710 Elizabeth'. Further similar fireplace in first floor inscribed: 'John
Timmes/1710', and another inscribed 'William Timmes'. Large open fireplace to
ground floor with chamfered bressumer. Chamfered spine beams to both floors,
with one of ovolo mould. Early C18 open-well staircase rising to attics, with
turned balusters. Stone flagged floors.

Listing NGR: SP3220734980

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.