This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.2148 / 52°12'53"N
Longitude: -1.8695 / 1°52'10"W
OS Eastings: 409015
OS Northings: 257408
OS Grid: SP090574
Mapcode National: GBR 3K2.264
Mapcode Global: VHB08.KL1G
Entry Name: Victoria House
Listing Date: 11 December 1969
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1024608
English Heritage Legacy ID: 305228
Location: Alcester, Stratford-on-Avon, Warwickshire, B49
Civil Parish: Alcester
Built-Up Area: Alcester
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Alcester St Nicholas
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
ALCESTER HIGH STREET
SP0857 (East side)
4/69 No.6 (Victoria House)
House, now shop and dwelling. C17 range to rear; front range late C18.
Whitewashed brick. Old tile roof with boxed eaves; brick ridge stacks. L-plan. 3
storeys; 3-window range. Late C19 plateglass shop front with central glazed
double- leaf doors and canted bays, and half glazed 6-panelled door with
overlight on left. Wood pilasters, brackets and dentil frieze. Upper floors with
sashes. First floor has 2 canted bays; central window of each has 4-centred head
and Gothick glazing. Central windows, round-arched on first floor, blocked. To
rear twin gables and some leaded light casements. Ground floor extended on left.
C17 timber framed range, formerly coach house or stabling, later incorporated
into house. Jowled posts and whitewashed brick infill. Two canted bays with
sashes; one has date 1809 scratched on window pane. Interior altered. Mid/late
C19 straight flight staircase with heavy turned balusters.
Listing NGR: SP0901557408
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings