This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.1652 / 52°9'54"N
Longitude: -1.855 / 1°51'18"W
OS Eastings: 410012
OS Northings: 251887
OS Grid: SP100518
Mapcode National: GBR 3KN.CS9
Mapcode Global: VHB0G.SVP1
Entry Name: 44-48, High Street
Listing Date: 1 February 1967
Last Amended: 13 December 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1024704
English Heritage Legacy ID: 305052
Location: Bidford-on-Avon, Stratford-on-Avon, Warwickshire, B50
Civil Parish: Bidford-on-Avon
Built-Up Area: Bidford-on-Avon
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Bidford-on-Avon
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
SP1051 BIDFORD-ON-AVON HIGH STREET
10/40 Nos.44 to 48 (even)
01/02/67 (Formerly listed as Lloyds
Bank, No.44A and No.46)
House, later cottages, now Lloyds Bank. Mid C16 (V.C.H.), altered and
partially rebuilt 1978-79. Coursed lias and limestone ground floor, sham
timber framing and render to 1st floor. Tile roof with brick internal
chimneys. 2-storey, 1-window cross wings, 1 storey and attic centre with 2
dormers. Centre and wings have C20 plank doors. Some early/mid C19 iron
casements. Right hand return wall has close studding with middle rail and
rendered infill. Small amount of close studding to rear. Interior much altered
but has several chamfered beams and an open fireplace. C19 brick wing to rear.
Probably originally a hall house. Later C19 alterations to right wing removed
left wing entirely rebuilt, and right wind refronted to similar design.
(V.C.H. : Warwickshire III, p.54).
Listing NGR: SP1001251887
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings