This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.9747 / 54°58'29"N
Longitude: -1.6083 / 1°36'29"W
OS Eastings: 425171
OS Northings: 564528
OS Grid: NZ251645
Mapcode National: GBR SQ0.MQ
Mapcode Global: WHC3R.87D4
Entry Name: Tiffany's Club (West Part)
Listing Date: 14 June 1954
Last Amended: 30 March 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1024815
English Heritage Legacy ID: 304736
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1
County: Newcastle upon Tyne
Electoral Ward/Division: Westgate
Built-Up Area: Newcastle upon Tyne
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Tyne and Wear
Church of England Parish: Newcastle Christ Church
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
NZ 2564 NW NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE NEW BRIDGE STREET
14/6/54 Tiffany's club (west
part) . (formerly listed
as Oxford Galleries).
G.V. II *
House, now part of club. Circa 1825 by John Dobson for himself. Incised stucco;
roof not visible. 3 storeys and basement, 3 bays. First 2 storeys framed by end
pilasters, honeysuckle frieze and cornice; all windows on these floors sashes in
architraves; with bracketed cornices on ground floor; second floor has sashes in
plain reveals. All windows have glazing bars; ground and second floor sill bands.
Architrave and bracketed cornice to 4-panelled double door in second bay of left
return. Interior shows high-quality stucco work to stair soffit and ceiling and to
ground floor front and first floor rear rooms. Wide wreathed handrail on hardboard-
covered balustrade. Graded for historical interest.
Listing NGR: NZ2517164528
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings