This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.1085 / 55°6'30"N
Longitude: -1.6703 / 1°40'13"W
OS Eastings: 421132
OS Northings: 579397
OS Grid: NZ211793
Mapcode National: GBR J9SC.5J
Mapcode Global: WHC2Y.9VWL
Entry Name: The Old Vicarage
Listing Date: 29 April 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1025120
English Heritage Legacy ID: 238998
Location: Stannington, Northumberland, NE61
Civil Parish: Stannington
Built-Up Area: Stannington
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Stannington St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
This List entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on24/05/2016.
NZ 27 NW
The Old Vicarage
(Formerly listed as: The Vicarage, Church Lane)
Vicarage. 1745 (information from incumbent) with late C19/early C20 west wing
and porch extension of 1910. Squared stone, later parts with ashlar dressings;
Welsh slate roof. L-plan. South elevation 2 storeys, in 2 sections; right
part original house of 2+1+2 bays, with chamfered plinth. Central canted porch
has 4-panel door with overlight in shouldered arch, and narrow flanking windows;
returns with wider windows are linked to broad bay windows with triple sashes;
porch and bays have common cornice and parapet. Half-glazed double doors
within porch, in old opening with keyed lintel. Similar doorway, now blocked,
to left of 1910 extension. 1st floor windows with keyed lintels. Stepped
compound end stacks. To left, gabled end of west wing with triple sashes.
All windows plate-glass sashes in chamfered surrounds. 2-bay left return shows
similar fenestration and later extension to left. Right return shows small
4-pane attic casement.
Various architectural fragments from medieval church in garden at rear.
Listing NGR: NZ2113279397
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings