This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 55.1089 / 55°6'31"N
Longitude: -1.6722 / 1°40'19"W
OS Eastings: 421011
OS Northings: 579432
OS Grid: NZ210794
Mapcode National: GBR J9RC.SF
Mapcode Global: WHC2Y.8VZC
Entry Name: Churchyard Cross 15 Metres North East of Church of St Mary
Listing Date: 29 April 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1370787
English Heritage Legacy ID: 239003
Location: Stannington, Northumberland, NE61
Civil Parish: Stannington
Built-Up Area: Stannington
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Stannington St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
This List entry was subject to a Minor amendment on 24/05/2016.
NZ 27 NW
Churchyard cross 15 metres north-east of Church of St. Mary
(Formerly listed as: CHURCH LANE)
Churchyard cross, c.1890. Given by Viscount Ridley. Ashlar; enclosing wall
tooled ashlar. 5 steps up to raised rectangular platform with tall Celtic
cross at west end. Interlace ornament; east side of base inscribed CONSTANS.
FIDEI. Low enclosing wall with angle pilasters and chamfered coping.
Listing NGR: NZ2101179432
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings