This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.8352 / 50°50'6"N
Longitude: -0.7793 / 0°46'45"W
OS Eastings: 486054
OS Northings: 104668
OS Grid: SU860046
Mapcode National: GBR DGS.FT3
Mapcode Global: FRA 968W.L6X
Entry Name: Farington House
Listing Date: 8 October 1971
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1026661
English Heritage Legacy ID: 300192
Location: Chichester, Chichester, West Sussex, PO19
County: West Sussex
Civil Parish: Chichester
Built-Up Area: Chichester
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Sussex
Church of England Parish: Chichester St Paul
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
No 54 (Farington House)
SU 8604 NW 4/77
Early C18. The building remaining is half the original Farington House.
The other half to the north was demolished in the C18 after 1739. Hipped
tiled roof. Brick dentilled cornice below eaves. Red brick. 3 storeys.
2 windows. 2 light casement windows with square heads and moulded frames
in 2nd storey. Sash windows with flush boxes and square heads in segmental
arches; rubbed brick voussoirs (a 3rd window on 1st floor bricked up).
The ground floor is occupied by a C20 shop front, in a very different style.
No trace left of panelling in 1st floor rooms.
Listing NGR: SU8606104666
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings