This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.3264 / 52°19'35"N
Longitude: -1.3786 / 1°22'43"W
OS Eastings: 442444
OS Northings: 269998
OS Grid: SP424699
Mapcode National: GBR 7PP.09G
Mapcode Global: VHCTW.2S1F
Entry Name: The Old Rectory
Listing Date: 3 July 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1034946
English Heritage Legacy ID: 308713
Location: Frankton, Rugby, Warwickshire, CV23
Civil Parish: Frankton
Built-Up Area: Frankton
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Frankton St Nicholas
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
FRANKTON MAIN STREET
SP47SW, SP46NW (South side)
1/70, 5/70 The Old Rectory
House, formerly rectory. c.1830. Flemish bond buff brick with string course to
main block, and brick dentil cornice throughout. Old tile hipped roofs; rear
service wing has slate roof; brick ridge stacks. U-plan, with service wings to
left return side. Late Georgian style. 2 storeys; 2-window range, with lower
3-window service wing to left. Large painted wood Greek Doric distyle in antis
porch has Soanian incised decoration to antae and pilasters and heavy
entablature. Half-glazed flush 4-panelled door has side lights with horizontal
glazing bars and lattice glazed overlight in moulded and reeded wood architrave
with roundels. Sashes to left and above have gauged brick flat arches. Service
wing has late C19 addition to left. Ground floor has two 2-light casements;
first floor has horizontal sashes. Glazing bars and brick segmental arches
throughout. Symmetrical 2-window right return side to garden has large 15-pane
sashes on ground floor. Rear is irregular. Interior: entrance hall noted as
having renewed straight flight and winder staircase with scrolled open string
and stick balusters. Mid C19 encaustic tile floor. Large dentil cornice. Moulded
4-panelled doors in moulded and reeded architraves with corner roundels.
(Hickman's Warwickshire' Directory, 1874, p.102).
Listing NGR: SP4244469998
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings