This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.3038 / 52°18'13"N
Longitude: -1.566 / 1°33'57"W
OS Eastings: 429687
OS Northings: 267387
OS Grid: SP296673
Mapcode National: GBR 5LZ.DX8
Mapcode Global: VHBXH.SCZ7
Entry Name: Church of Saint James
Listing Date: 23 January 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1035192
English Heritage Legacy ID: 308100
Location: Old Milverton, Warwick, Warwickshire, CV32
Civil Parish: Old Milverton
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Old Milverton St James
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
10/228 Church of Saint James
Parish church. Rebuilt in 1879-80 in Decorated style, to the designs of John
Gibson, paid for by Lord Charles Bertie Percy. Walls of rock faced sandstone
outside except for ashlar tower, and ashlar inside. Pitched plain tile roofs.
Consists of chancel, north organ chamber, north vestry, north aisle, south porch
and west tower. Windows and doorways in late C13 style - windows of two-
trefoiled lights apart from east window of chancel which is of three lights, and
lancets in lower stage of tower. Buttressed. Gabled wooden south porch. Tower
of three stages with blank arcading of four pointed arches on each face of
second stage, and on top of that a low wooden stage and pyramidal tiled roof.
North arcade of three pointed arches.
Listing NGR: SP2968767387
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings