This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.3477 / 51°20'51"N
Longitude: -2.2513 / 2°15'4"W
OS Eastings: 382594
OS Northings: 160989
OS Grid: ST825609
Mapcode National: GBR 1SC.FN2
Mapcode Global: VH96V.XDP5
Entry Name: Ye Old Bank House
Listing Date: 18 April 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1036028
English Heritage Legacy ID: 312512
Location: Bradford-on-Avon, Wiltshire, BA15
Civil Parish: Bradford-on-Avon
Built-Up Area: Bradford on Avon
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Bradford-on-Avon Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
1. CHURCH STREET
5411 (South Side)
No 2 (Ye Old Bank House)
ST 8260 2/92 18.4.52.
Probably C17, with C18 fenestration. 3 storeys, 6 windows, sashes, glazing
bars. Wooden outside shutters and no glazing bars on ground floor windows.
Ground floor painted ashlar. 1st and 2nd floors oerhang with coed soffit
and have plastered face (perhaps half-timbered beneath plaster). Moulded
and dentilled cornice, plain parapet, plinth course. Central doorway
breaks forward slightly, square head with architrave surround, pulvinated
frieze and flat cornice.
All the listed buildings in Church Street the Chantry Little Chantry,
Barton Orchard and the Catholic Church of St Thomas More, Market Street
form a group with No 7 and Nos 9 to 19 Barton Orchard, Nos 5 and 6 and
27 to 31 (consec) and wall Newtown.
Listing NGR: ST8259460989
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings