This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.9179 / 52°55'4"N
Longitude: -2.138 / 2°8'16"W
OS Eastings: 390819
OS Northings: 335616
OS Grid: SJ908356
Mapcode National: GBR 15K.094
Mapcode Global: WHBD7.4X5G
Entry Name: Chapel of St Marys Abbey
Listing Date: 25 April 1980
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1038978
English Heritage Legacy ID: 272345
Location: Stone Rural, Stafford, Staffordshire, ST15
Civil Parish: Stone Rural
Built-Up Area: Oulton
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire
Church of England Parish: Oulton St John the Evangelist
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
SJ 93 NW STONE RURAL OULTON Road
Chapel of St Mary's Abbey
1854. Roman Catholic. Architect: Edward Welby Pugin, as successor to his late father, Augustus Welby Northmore Pugin, whose style predominates. Attached to the south side of St Mary's Abbey Convent. Gothic Decorated style. Nave and chancel with good wrought iron screen. Fine panelled and painted chancel ceiling. Chapter house and sacristy added 1892.
Listing NGR: SJ9081935616
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings