This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.9119 / 52°54'42"N
Longitude: -2.2698 / 2°16'11"W
OS Eastings: 381949
OS Northings: 334975
OS Grid: SJ819349
Mapcode National: GBR 041.GXS
Mapcode Global: WHBDC.32DH
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 24 January 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1039004
English Heritage Legacy ID: 272307
Location: Standon, Stafford, Staffordshire, ST21
Civil Parish: Standon
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire
Church of England Parish: Standon All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
SJ 83 SW; 9/1
Church of All Saints
C12 in origin, the west wall of the nave being largely Norman, and also the north
aisle. Norman north doorway in west wall of nave. C14 west tower. Chancel probably
by Scott, who restored the church in 1846-7. C12 font. C15 brass in nave floor.
Incised slabs to Francis Ross, 1500, and to Nicholas Hyde 1526. Good alabaster
tablet in vestry to Sir Thomas Salt, 1904. Graded for architectural interest.
Listing NGR: SJ8194934975
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings