This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.2336 / 55°14'0"N
Longitude: -2.1006 / 2°6'2"W
OS Eastings: 393699
OS Northings: 593265
OS Grid: NY936932
Mapcode National: GBR F7SX.0Q
Mapcode Global: WHB10.PQX7
Entry Name: Farmbuildings Attached to Left of the Crown
Listing Date: 29 May 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1041233
English Heritage Legacy ID: 236251
Location: Elsdon, Northumberland, NE19
Civil Parish: Elsdon
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Elsdon St Cuthbert
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
attached to left
of the Crown
Farmbuildings. C18 and early C19. Dressed stone, partly roughcast; Welsh
In 3 sections with roofs stepping down.
Byre to right with granary over; attached to the Crown (q.v.). Two boarded
doors with small pitching door over. Gabled roof with flat coping to left and
banded end stack.
Central section, formerly a cottage but now a byre. Single storey, 3 bays.
Central boarded door with overlight and flanking sash windows. Gabled roof
with banded left end stack.
Cart shed and stable to left. Single storey, 5 bays with boarded door and
flanking half-slatted windows on right to stable; segmental arch with boarded
double doors to cart shed. Gabled roof.
Listing NGR: NY9369993265
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings