This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.1671 / 51°10'1"N
Longitude: -0.4232 / 0°25'23"W
OS Eastings: 510342
OS Northings: 142058
OS Grid: TQ103420
Mapcode National: GBR GFV.MV7
Mapcode Global: VHFVX.MX4N
Plus Code: 9C3X5H8G+VP
Entry Name: Lukyns
Listing Date: 28 September 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1044318
English Heritage Legacy ID: 291873
Location: Ewhurst, Waverley, Surrey, GU6
Civil Parish: Ewhurst
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Ewhurst
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
TQ 14SW EWHURST C.P. THREE MILE ROAD
House. 1911 by Ernest Newton. Rendered brick with hipped plain tiled roofs.
Rectangular plan with half-H shaped entrance front. Two storeys and attics under
prominent dormers with rusticated angles to multiple ridge stacks to centre and
ends. Deep modillion eaves cornice all round. Entrance front:- projecting end
wings and central entrance break. Two 4-light leaded casement dormers, with
segmental hood over central lights, flank larger pedimented, central dormer of
5 mullioned and transomed lights. Two first floor leaded casement windows to
right, one tall stair light of 9-lights. One 12-light leaded casement window
to first floor left. One ground floor leaded casement window to either side of
central entrance. Mullioned and transomed first floor window to centre over
open pedimented frontispiece below to main entrance under fanlight. One first
floor casement in return walls of break. Service wing to left with single storey
extensions. Right hand return front:- Three dormers, that to left under
segmental pediment. Two mullioned and transomed windows on the first floor, one
to ground floor left. Angle bay window rising through two floors to right,
glazed doors to ground floor centre. Garden front (to South):- three four-
light dormers to centre, one segmental pedimented dormer to each end over two
storey bow windows. One mullioned and transomed window to first floor either
side of centre bow, pentice hood over ground floor.
The gardens were laid out originally by Gertrude Jekyll.
PEVSNER: BUILDINGS OF ENGLAND, SURREY (1971) p.227.
Listing NGR: TQ1034242058
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings