This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.1719 / 51°10'18"N
Longitude: -0.7839 / 0°47'1"W
OS Eastings: 485116
OS Northings: 142107
OS Grid: SU851421
Mapcode National: GBR DBQ.DN5
Mapcode Global: VHDY8.CTG0
Plus Code: 9C3X56C8+QF
Entry Name: Stable Block and the Court at Pierrepont School
Listing Date: 2 January 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1044467
English Heritage Legacy ID: 291548
Location: Frensham, Waverley, Surrey, GU10
Civil Parish: Frensham
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Frensham
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
SU 84SE FRENSHAM C.P. FRENSHAM ROAD
4/38 Stable Block and
The Court at Pierrepont
Stable courtyard and Service buildings, now houses. 1888 by H. T. Keates of Petersfield,
altered and extended in C20. Sandstone below with brick dressings, some gauged, tile
hung on first floor with plain tiled roofs. Rectangular plan around courtyard, main
entrance to north side. One storey and attics, some parts two storeys,with taller
clock tower on west side and entrance tower to north.
Entrance front:- Central gabled gateway with leaded casement window over pointed
arched entrance. Doubled gates, open to upper part with heart-shaped iron grilles
and spiked tops. Three-windowed ranges either side. Staircase to left hand side of
passage; braced roof over entrance.
Court side of North Range:- Central gable on coved jetty with offset stone walls
below flanking entrance passage. Three gabled, through-eaves, leaded casement dormers
on either side, large corbelled stacks to left of centre and left end. Door to centre
of ground floor left.
East range:- Irregular casement fenestration, three gabled dormers, that to left
breaking through eaves. Four windows to ground floor; doors to right of centre and
in right hand corner.
South range:- C20 brick range with metal casement windows.
West range:- Central Clock Tower with square, crowning dome on scroll supports, clock
dial on east and west faces. Arched open plinth, square with chamfered corners, on
battering base rising from roof ridge. Timber framed gable to front on cove with small
window below to centre hipped roof dormers breaking through the eaves to either side.
Two windows to ground floor right, one to ground floor left. Door under transome
lights to left end. Arched entrances to centre and right under keystones of ribbed
A. SAINT: RICHARD NORMAN SHAW (1977) p.415.
Listing NGR: SU8511642107
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings